Example Site Message: Click to Edit/Replace Text

Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 8:00pm

Ilene Solomon Immigration Law represents individuals and businesses in the areas of Canadian and U.S. immigration and citizenship law.

Located in Toronto, Ontario, I provide strategic immigration advice and assistance tailored to your unique situation in an accessible, timely, and cost-effective manner. I respect that clients come to

me because their immigration issues are too complex and/or time-consuming to deal with on their own. I work diligently to make the process as simple, straightforward, and efficient as possible and keep clients informed every step of the way. If you are planning

to travel to Canada or the US for work, to live, or to expand your business, or you are a company hoping to hire foreign workers,

I can help you!


I earned my Bachelor of Arts from Yale University and my Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. I am licensed to practice law in the province of Ontario and the state of Massachusetts. Having grown up in the United States, I went through the Canadian immigration process myself, starting with work and study permits and ending with Canadian citizenship.

I have represented clients in various industries, including the performing arts, medicine, engineering, technology, advertising, fashion, consulting, film & television, broadcasting, media production, design, and education. Prior to opening my own immigration practice, I was an associate at a boutique immigration law firm in Toronto and a paralegal at the Harvard Immigration & Refugee Clinic at Greater Boston Legal Services. Before practicing immigration law, I was a corporate law associate at one of Canada’s largest law firms focusing on small and mid-sized businesses.

I am a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association’s Immigration Law section, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Massachusetts State Bar.



Immigration laws, policies, and procedures are constantly changing. Since I exclusively practice immigration law, I am well suited to guide you through the immigration process with up-to-date knowledge and best practices.

Clear Communication

I am passionate about helping people navigate the complexities of the immigration process. I take the time to explain intricacies in each matter and relay information and instructions in plain language. I place great value on understanding my clients’ immigration goals and clearly communicating their options to enable them to choose the best strategy.

Direct Contact

When you contact Ilene Solomon Immigration Law, I will be the person who answers your calls and emails, and completes all aspects of your file from start to finish. I also provide after-hours assistance for urgent issues. I work hard to build trusting relationships with clients based on integrity and professionalism.


I can assist you with the following types of immigration matters:



  • Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs)
  • Visitor Visas
  • Parent or Grandparent Super Visas
  • Study permits
  • Authorization to work without a work permit

            - Business visitors, performing artists,                       athletes, guest speakers, etc.

  • Work permits

            -  LMIA-based work permits

            -  LMIA-exempt work permits

            -  Open work permits

  • Temporary resident status changes &            extensions
  • Restoration of Temporary resident status
  • Employer compliance


  • Citizenship Applications
  • Citizenship Certificates

     (proof of citizenship for birth abroad)

  • Citizenship renunciation


  • Express Entry

            -  Federal Skilled Worker

            -  Canadian Experience Class

            -  Federal Skilled Trades

  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Family sponsorships
  • Caregiver program
  • Start-up visa program
  • Self-Employed persons program
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Permanent Resident Travel Document
  • Maintaining Permanent Residency


  • Criminal inadmissibility

            -  Criminal Rehabilitation

            -  Temporary Residence Permits (TRPs)

  • Medical Inadmissibility


  • B-1 visa for business visitors
  • TN visa
  • O-1 visa for individuals of extraordinary ability
  • EB-1 visa (green card) for individuals of 

     extraordinary ability

  • P visa for athletes, artists, and entertainers
  • F-1 student visa
  • L-1 visa for intra-company transferees
  • Citizenship renunciation


I offer consultations for CAD$350, which is deducted from the legal fee if I am retained to complete your file. Consultations are not time-limited; we discuss goals, canvas all options, and address all of your questions for as long as needed to ensure you leave with a thorough understanding. All matters are billed on a flat fee basis, so you will know how much your file will cost before it begins. Fees are based on the amount of work required, and the complexity and urgency of the issues involved. I am happy to discuss payment plans.


Phone: 647-680-6554


Any information you provide will be held in strict confidence; however, the act of contacting Ilene Solomon Immigration Law will not create a lawyer-client relationship. A lawyer-client relationship is established only after I agree to act for you and we have confirmed that agreement with a retainer agreement or engagement letter.